Welcome to the 2022 Softball Season!!!
|Spring Softball League||Early Bird||Regular|
|Softball - Rookie League: 5-6 YO||$ 150.00||$ 175.00|
|Softball - Minor League: 7-8 YO||$ 250.00||$ 275.00|
|Softball - Major League: 9-10 YO||$ 250.00||$ 275.00|
|Softball - Junior League: 11-12 YO||$ 250.00||$ 275.00|
|Softball - Senior League: 13-18 YO||$ 250.00||$ 275.00|
Softball Equipment - what do you need to play?
1. Bats: The bat must have the ASA logo on them. No baseball bats. Size a rule of thumb is the top of the bat should come to the player’s wrist and she should be able to hold it straight out to the side for 10 seconds before it feels too heavy. (https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/baseball-softball-bat-buying-guide)
2. Helmets: Helmet requires a face mask and chin strap. Consider purchasing an additional “back-up” chin strap.
3. Mitt/Glove: Use this guide to help you find the right glove for age, position and skill level. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/baseball-softball-glove-buying-guide
4. Softball Safety Fielder’s Mask/Face Guard
Balls will be provided by the coach, but if you are looking to practice here are the specs for the balls we use:
Here is our tentative 2022 SSYS Softball Calendar
General scheduling considerations:
1. Pre-season D-BAT PITCHING clinics*
Pitchers must bring a separate catcher – sibling; parents; coach – who is not participating in the catching clinic)
*Holding space – 10am-noon Sundays for possible in-season pitching clinics
2. Pre-season D-BAT CATCHING clinics
3. DBAT Defensive Skills Clinic
4. DICKEY’S DUGOUT CLINICS (Not finalized)
5. COACHING CLINICS
Open to all coaches and parents that want to help
6. SPRING TRAINING CLINICS
Please note the purpose of evaluations is two-fold: (1) to allow coaches to assess the skill level of all players to assure recreation teams are as evenly matched as possible at each age-level; (2) to choose Spring Select teams (Storm/Cyclones). Spring Select teams will play on Sundays during the Spring season and have additional practice times. There is an additional charge for Select team play. If you have questions about Select-side play please email email@example.com
***Please note the Summer All-Star Teams will be chosen on in-season performance, evaluation from coaches and Select/All-Star Director, and potentially an additional tryout if the Select/All-Star Director, coaches, Player Agent and Board feel it is necessary.
SPRING SEASON SCHEDULE
Questions? Please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Wasilewski-Masker (Co-VP; Softball)
Adar Berghoff (Co-VP; Softball)
Gregg Worley (Co-VP; Softball)
Jonathan Worrell (Lead Scheduler, Softball, Fields & Umpires)