Welcome to SSYS Softball !!
2020 Spring Softball League Fees
Sibling Discount: Each additional sibling, after the first child, is eligible for a $25 discount, up to a total of 5 additional children.
Spring Softball Training Schedule (Tentative Dates)
- Spring training for 8U, 10U, 12U, and 18U: Late January/Early February
- Evaluations/Clinics for 8U, 10U, 12U, and 18U: Late January/Early February
- Teams Formed 8U/10U/12U and 18U: 1-2 weeks after Evaluations
- Team Practices begin: Early-Mid February
- Spring Training / Teams formed for 6U: Mid February
- Opening Ceremonies / First Games Spring: Early March
- Playoffs: Late April to early/mid May
- Closing Ceremonies Spring: Mid-May
Approved Softball Equipment
Bats: The bats must have the ASA logo on them. No baseball bats. Size a rule of thumb is the top of the bat should come to the player’s wrist and she should be able to hold it straight out to the side for 10 seconds before it feels too heavy.
- Rookies (6U): Cushioned 10” Optical Softball such as the “Incrediball” or the “Softie”.
- Minors (8U) and Majors (10U): 11” Optical Softball having a COR of 0.47 and a Compression of 375
- Juniors (12U) and Seniors (18U): 12” Optical Softball having a COR of 0.47 and a Compression of 375.
- Minors through Seniors: Helmet requires a face mask and chin strap
COACHES MANUAL (to be moved)